YOUR OWN EVENT
The POWERFAN®POD can Provide a Truly Unique Experience for:
What to Expect and How Much Does it Cost?
- Stag or Hen Parties
- Weddings - with a difference!
- Birthdays or special events
- Corporate entertainment, promotional events or launch days
- It is the only one in the world!
- It is new
- It is incredibly exhilarating and yet safe for almost everyone*
- We bring it to you**
- An “on board” web cam facility enables the event to be viewed from around the world – and recorded***
- It is operated and controlled by the world's experts in high adventure related activities
Initially, the POWERFAN® operations team will discuss your requirements with you on the telephone (this consultation process can of course take place by email or letter). If necessary, POWERFAN® staff will make a site visit which costs £200 (within the UK); however, this fee will be fully deducted from any booking fee. A non-refundable deposit of £500 is required to secure an event.
The POWERFAN® team will arrive on site well before the event is due to start and will set up the crane, safety and administrative area. This will normally be early the same day but may, in certain circumstances, be earlier.
A day usually lasts for up to 8 hours. The maximum number of participants that can be practically dispatched in one hour is 40 and this assumes that there are no hesitations, refusals or other “hiccups”! In an 8 hour day therefore, a maximum of 300 people can be dispatched.
The cost per event day:
£4,900 + VAT = £5,757
Return traveling costs (for a half or one day event) are in addition to hire rates and are charged at £1 a mile from the POWERFAN® headquarters. To find out the travel costs to your location use the AA website route planner. Simply insert the POWERFAN® postcode DT11 8PT and then that of the intended venue. Remember however that the cost is based on a return trip. Travel costs (excluding ferries) within the UK are halved for a two day event and waived completely for any three day event.
POWERFAN® is a trading name of Dropzone (UK) Ltd. UK Registered Company No: 05276043 (visit www.drop-zone.eu for further information). Dropzone has in place comprehensive public and employer’s liability insurance cover for all its POWERFANNING™ activities. Full details can be provided on request.
The POWERFAN®POD is in great demand and as such the cancellation of an event may result in lost revenue to POWERFAN®. A cancellation fee will therefore be charged.
Cancellation Due to Inclement Weather
- Cancel up to 6 weeks (42 days) before the event - Lose deposit only
- From 42 days to 14 days before the event - Lose 50% of total quote (travel costs will not be charged)
- 14 days to 7 days before the event - Lose 75% of total quote (travel costs will not be charged)
- After 7 days to 24 hours before the event will commence - total quote is due (excluding travel costs)
- Less than 24 hours before the event will commence - total quote due and travel costs
High wind speeds, electrical storms or other severe weather conditions may prevent the crane from operating and the event will be cancelled or the day may be cut short. The likelihood of this occurring will normally become apparent a day or two before the event in which case POWERFAN® will give the opportunity to change the date to one that is mutually convenient to both parties or offer you a full refund for the day or days where the weather prohibits operation.
* Some people may find POWERFANNING™ (the act of using a POWERFAN®) to be
physically and emotionally challenging. All participants (or their parents or guardians if under the age of 16) will be expected to sign an acknowledgement of risk form. In principal any reasonable fit person from the age of 6 can participate but there is a maximum weight limit of 120kg (19 stone). There are also some medical conditions which prevent participation. Please read the acknowledgement of risk form for further details. POWERFAN® staff reserve the right to refuse participation if they consider a customers condition to be inappropriate for the activity and as such may present a danger to themselves or others.
** The POWERFAN®POD is transportable to almost any part of the world but its use
relies upon a 50 tonne (or sometimes heavier) crane. It is therefore a pre-requisite that a venue is suitable for crane access and operation.
*** Available on special request and a surcharge will be made.
back to top